Skin conditions affect everyone at some point in their lives. If you're experiencing spotted, itchy, or abnormal skin, VIPcare can help. We perform minor skin procedures to help relieve symptoms and clear up your skin.
What are Skin Disorders?
Skin disorders can range from minor to severe. They are any condition that affects the surface of your skin, whether it be a lesion or a rash. Some skin conditions can be genetic, and others can result from bacteria infecting the skin.
What Are Some Common Skin Conditions?
Many conditions can affect your skin. Some of the most common skin conditions treated at VIPcare include:
- Rashes – A rash is when there is a noticeable change in the texture or color of your skin. It can resemble red, bumpy, scaly, or itchy patches of skin. Rashes can be caused by many different underlying conditions.
- Eczema – Eczema is a common type of rash that is a chronic condition that occurs when your immune system overreacts to small irritants or allergens. It often leaves your skin red, inflamed, and itchy and can appear on the face, inside the elbows and behind the knees, and on the hands and feet.
- Psoriasis – Psoriasis is a widespread chronic disease that affects the older population. It develops when skin cells build up and form scales and itchy, dry patches. Psoriasis has no cure and tends to go through cycles, with flareups occurring for a few weeks or months before going into remission. Since there is no cure, this skin condition must be managed for relief.
- Warts – Warts are small, fleshy growths on the skin caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). They are contagious, and the virus can be transferred from contact.
- Moles – Moles are dark skin growths that appear as small spots on the skin caused by clusters of pigment-forming cells. They can be rough, flat, or raised and are usually harmless but must be checked routinely for changes that could indicate certain types of skin cancer.
How Are Skin Disorders Treated?
Your skin condition treatment depends on the type of skin condition you have. For rashes or conditions like psoriasis, an anti-inflammatory cream or ointment may be prescribed for topical use. Minor skin procedures include treating a previously biopsied mole or suspicious skin mark, repairing skin wounds that require sterile cleaning and stitches, and removing moles and skin tags for therapeutic or cosmetic reasons. VIPcare’s doctors can perform minor skin procedures in our offices under sterile conditions and control the possible pain by providing local anesthetic.
Contact VIPcare to Learn More
If you have a skin disorder or condition affecting you and your overall health, schedule an appointment at VIPcare. Call us today, 866-333-7897.