During the peak of summer, the last thing anyone wants to do is spend hours in a hot kitchen. When the temps are easily in the 100s, thanks to the heat index, you want to avoid turning the oven on at all costs. Or at least, we do. But this doesn’t mean go through your closest and most convenient drive-thru for a quick and effortless meal.
In less than 30 minutes, you can prepare a healthy and nutritious meal that only requires the stove top for some quick sauteing of vegetables. This healthy wrap recipe is so easy and versatile to where you can make it your own with your favorite vegetables and protein. There’s really no wrong way to make it, so don’t worry about having any culinary experience. It will taste good if you like what you’re putting into it. It’s as easy as that.
The provided healthy wrap recipe includes bell peppers and tomatoes, but again, use what you like. Bell peppers are a great vegetable choice because they’re loaded with good nutrition. They’re low in calories and excellent sources of vitamins A and C, potassium, folic acid, and fiber. Tomatoes pack an antioxidant punch providing lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including a reduced risk of heart disease and cancer.
We used smoked turkey and a spring mix in the wrap, but feel free to swap out the protein or lettuce based on your preference or even the time of day. For example, you could scramble an egg to include instead of the turkey.
The herbs used help to provide enough flavor when mixed with the rest of the ingredients to provide a delicious and balanced flavor profile. No salt needed. Healthy eating leads to Better Health.
Smoked Turkey and Vegetable Wrap Recipe
½ tsp Rosemary
½ tsp Italian seasoning
½ tsp chopped Basil leaf
½ tsp Garlic Powder
½ tsp Thyme
Bunch of Cilantro – separated
2 tsp Avocado Oil
One of each – Red, orange, and yellow bell peppers, diced
4 oz. of Green onion, chopped
1 small Yellow onion, diced
4 oz. of Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
Shredded low-fat cheese
Tortillas (low carb and low-calorie variety)
Smoked turkey lunch meat
- Add avocado oil to a non-stick pan and bring to medium heat.
- Add all vegetables except tomatoes to hot pan. Stir and allow to begin to caramelize.
- Add spices and half of the cilantro to mixture and continue to cook until vegetables are softened.
- Add tomatoes and rest of cilantro, continue to cook until tomatoes begin to break down slightly.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Place spring mix on tortilla. Add vegetable mixture on top of spring mix, and then add 2-3 slices of smoked turkey.
- Top vegetable mixture with a little shredded cheese.
- Wrap tortilla and place in hot pan. Cook until tortilla becomes toasted on the outside.