We are in-network with Humana and are currently working to resolve a clerical error on the health plan side.

Back

Meet Dr. William Blanchard

Meet Dr. William Blanchard

At VIPcare, our mission is to partner with our patients and help them achieve Better Health. Our Pensacola primary care provider Dr. William Blanchard takes that mission seriously and to heart. He is a firm believer in holding his patients accountable and doing whatever it takes to get them on the path to Better Health.

Dr. Blanchard is a family medicine physician who provides the utmost compassionate care to his patients. He is specialized in anti-aging and emergency medicine.

Who is Dr. William Blanchard?

Originally from Indianapolis, IN, Dr. Blanchard has spent time all over, including Montana, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Illinois. Growing up, he enjoyed visiting his grandfather in a small suburb outside Milwaukee, WI. It was there that his spark for medicine was lit.

His grandfather, who was a physician and surgeon, shared stories of how patients would visit his house for treatment and surgery, in addition to him having to make house calls. This absolutely intrigued Dr. Blanchard as a child.

“It was a small town, and he was a small-town doctor,” Dr. Blanchard said.

Although medicine was of interest, medical school was not Dr. Blanchard’s first landing spot. He earned his bachelor’s degree in chemistry and became a nuclear chemist for a large pharmaceutical company. His future was bright, but something was missing.

“The heart was not full,” he said. “I just knew something was missing in there, and I knew I wanted to go to medical school.”

Fulfilling His Purpose and Destiny

So, off to medical school he went at the age of 33. “I realized I need to be in a profession where I’m trying to do some good for the community,” he said. “I can’t just get a paycheck, I need to feel like there’s purpose there that is helping people.”

After medical school, Dr. Blanchard remembers the hard struggles he went through but says he is grateful for those difficult years.

“It’s those lean years where you find out what you’re made of,” he said. “Grateful for the struggle because it has made me who I am today.”

Without a doubt, Dr. Blanchard says he is doing his dream job. He loves spending time with his patients and getting to know them as individuals. He said 90 percent of it is talking and chitchatting and getting to know the person, and the other 10 percent is the medicine.

“I wanted to do primary care,” he said, “but primary care where I could spend time with my patients and give them the care that they need and deserve.”

Learn more about Dr. Blanchard HERE.

Providing 5 Star Primary Care Service

At VIPcare, we specialize in geriatric care for Medicare Advantage patients. And it’s always our top priority to provide you with great health care that leads to Better Health. We pride ourselves on providing you with providers who care and will always put your health first, such as Dr. Blanchard in Pensacola. It’s because of our providers’ diverse specialties that we’re able to provide you with specialized care built around you and your needs.

Come Meet Dr. William Blanchard at VIPcare Pensacola Mobile Hwy

Visit Dr. William Blanchard at VIPcare Pensacola Mobile Hwy and see just how great he is. He is currently accepting new Medicare Advantage patients and can’t wait to meet and join you on your journey to Better Health. Schedule an appointment with him today by calling 850-407-4997. If you live outside of Pensacola or want to check out our other Pensacola locations, CLICK HERE to find a VIPcare provider near you.